School of Rock Mason offers three different types of summer camps.
- PERFORMANCE CAMPS: campers put a concert together and then perform it at week’s end for family and friends in The Sonic Boom Room, the school’s 150 person capacity music venue.
- Led Zeppelin June 16-20
- Hard Rock June 23-27
- SONGWRITING AND RECORDING CAMP: campers work on original material and covers, move into the recording studio to lay down that work, and then introduce it at a CD release party in The Sonic Boom Room.
- July 7-18
- July 7-18
- ROCK 101 CAMP: great for campers who are beginners; they are introduced to each of the guitar, bass, drums, keys and voice and then work on preparing and performing a mini-concert in The Sonic Boom Room.
- August 4-8
- August 4-8
Each camp offers a fun creative outlet, and a chance to LEARN MUSIC, PLAY MUSIC, PERFORM MUSIC, and BOND WITH BAND MATES. Activities include group rehearsal, music trivia, song casting, one-on-one attention from instructors, gear education, and band-related activities that are all aimed at helping kids learn a set of songs and be totally ready to rock them by the end of the camp. Whether you play drums, sing, shred guitar or bass or play keyboard -- you’ll have a blast. If you play sax, violin or any other instruments not in a traditional rock set up, we can most likely work with you. Just ask!
For Summer 2014, we are hosting two five-day Performance Camps, each with a different theme, a 10-day Songwriting and Recording Camp, and a five-day Rock 101 Camp. Each camp runs 10am-3pm Monday to Friday, with a performance at the end of the week. Early drop-off and late-pick up can be arranged for an added fee. Contact Tim Garry @ 513-770-1257 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or thoughts!
If you're ready to sign up, pick your camp or camps below and sign up online. Or, just call and we'll answer questions and do a quick sign up over the phone.
- The Songwriting and Recording Camp is designed for intermediate to advanced students.
- Performance Camps require basic performance proficiency on a primary instrument (guitar, bass, drums, vocal or keys). While not for complete beginners, we encourage musicians who have basic skills to enroll. Camp is a great way to learn a lot in a short amount of time and have fun! Those who are at basic levels or who are rusty can enhance their experience by taking a month or two of lessons beforehand.
- Only Rock 101 camp is suitable for complete beginners.
- Monday to Friday 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Performance Camps and Songwriting & Recording Camp have a concert on the final day 5:30pm to 7:00pm
- Early drop-off and late pick-up available for added fee. Call for information.
Staff consists of professional musician and educators, including many who teach in our year-round programs.
CAMP SIZE AND STUDENT TO FACULTY RATIO
Camps rarely exceed 15 campers in size. The student to faculty ratio never exceeds 5:1.
WHAT TO BRING
Guitarists and bassists should bring their instruments, picks, extra strings, and tuners. Amps are provided. Drummers should bring drum sticks. Drum kits are provided. Keyboards, amps and microphones are provided for keyboardists and vocalists. All students should bring a lunch, except on the final day when we will provide the lunch to celebrate the student performances.
- School of Rock strictly enforces a drug-free environment and lifestyle. Use or distribution of drugs, alcohol and tobacco on premises is prohibited.
- School of Rock requires all campers to treat others and equipment with respect and to act appropriately given ages of campers.
- Violaters of the rules will be asked to leave without refund.
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
- 50% non-refundable deposit is due at registration
- Balance is due 30 days before start of camp
- No refunds if camper cancels within 15 days of start of camp
- 15% discount for campers who sign up for multiple sessions
- 15% discount for siblings signing up for the same camp session
- These discounts may not be combined or combined with any other discount such as early sign-up discount
- These discounts are not available on line. Call 513-770-1257 to register and obtain them.